Ericson Group’s corporate headquarters building in Memphis, Tennessee, started out in 1912 as the 9,000 sq. ft. Farrell-Calhoun Paint Company manufacturing facility and warehouse. In 1919 they outgrew the space and added another 12,000 sq. ft. to the north. Farrell-Calhoun occupied the building until 1986 when they moved to their current location at the corner of Third and Carolina.
The 21,000 sq. ft. building sat virtually empty for over a decade, other than being used as a haunted house every October. Ericson purchased the historic building in 1998, then spent the next four years and over $1.2 million transforming the dilapidated structure into the award winning office and warehouse it is today.
Ericson is happy to have celebrated the buildings 100th anniversary in 2012.